cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Center Firewall

newentrant
Level 1
Level 1

Talking about Data Center Firewall for a big environment  I have seen ASA, Fortinet and Palo Alto as the competitors. With the Cisco Acquisition of Source Fire it is a tough competition to select a Next Generation Firewall. Can any body help me finalizing a product for my organization?

Cheers

5 Replies 5

actually its depend on your company and its asset also IT budget, Next generation firewall and palo alto is more secure but too expensive, if you are working in a banking sector or your company need high security you can go through with next generation firewall and paloalto else you can install ASA 55 series

Hi Akber,

Thanks for your response. One thing I forgot to mention that we have Palo Alto as internet edge firewall in our organization. So is it appropriate to have the same product in DC as well? Also what about Cisco Firepower series?

Cheers

Hi All, Please assist me Cheers

The best practice and more secure for your entrprise is that install firewalls from two diffrent Vendores , 

for example : 

1-perimeter Firewall " company X"

2- DC firewall " Company Y"

I disagree. Best practice is installing the best security solution operating it properly.

Using two vendors' firewalls more often dilutes the operational expertise and ends up making neither as effective as it could be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: