Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy ASA-CSC10-USR-500 software

ahmedbishry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can any one help me to know how to deploy a the ASA-CSC10-USR-500 software for the ASA 5500 series?

Thanks in advanced,

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You mean do the Trend CSC work with software on the ASA?

No, that cannot be done, yet at least.

The SMTP, POP3, HTTP, FTP scanning and filtering on an ASA can only by done if you have a CSC module.

You can use url filtering with Ironport, N2H2 or websense and the ASA without having to buy more hardware but you still need to buy software.

I hope it helps.

PK

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have a very good guide for a CSC initial config https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-5668

And one very good for upgrading the module https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1323

I hope it helps.

PK

Hi PK,

Hope you are fine,

Thanks for your soon reply, I need your help to be sure that this deployment guide talk about Hardware module, so is there any chance to use a bundle (software) module instead of the hardware module?

Please correct me if I wrong.

Thanks in advanced,

Ahmed

You mean do the Trend CSC work with software on the ASA?

No, that cannot be done, yet at least.

The SMTP, POP3, HTTP, FTP scanning and filtering on an ASA can only by done if you have a CSC module.

You can use url filtering with Ironport, N2H2 or websense and the ASA without having to buy more hardware but you still need to buy software.

I hope it helps.

PK

Hi PK,

Thank you for your soon reply, it’s clear now, I need your help to find which module are suitable for the ASA 5520?

Thanks In Advanced,

Ahmed

Dear Federico,

Hope you are fine, thanks a lot for your reply, the document was very useful to me.

Kindly Regards,

Ahmed

Hi PK,

Thanks for your great support, I appreciate your effort, the documents that you send it to me was very useful.

Kindly Regards,

Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card