cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Juniper have anything similar to Cisco's 'cut-thru proxy?

markbowman
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone configured a Juniper to authorize users 'thru' a firewall?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bro

You're lucky I'm in a good mood today. Normally, I won't answer questions pertaining to non Cisco products, because I have less faith in them but I guess I'll answer your question.

Yes, Juniper Netscreen FW do have similar feature with Cisco Cut-Through Proxy. It's called WebAuth. For further details on this, please click on this URL http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB4103

Here are some extra info for you :-)

a) Only FTP/Telnet/HTTP are supported if you want to have transparent interception.

OR

b) If you want to let all users to be authenticated first then the option is WebAuth in which user has to manually type in the WebAuth Server IP Address configured at NetScreen to authenticate themselves before they are granted access to any services

c) Only Local Database, RADIUS and LDAP authentication source are supported (No TACACS support as opposed to PIX/ASA)

P/S: if you think this comment is useful, please mark this question as answers and rate this comment nicely :-)

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should probably post your question on Juniper forum

Hi Bro

You're lucky I'm in a good mood today. Normally, I won't answer questions pertaining to non Cisco products, because I have less faith in them but I guess I'll answer your question.

Yes, Juniper Netscreen FW do have similar feature with Cisco Cut-Through Proxy. It's called WebAuth. For further details on this, please click on this URL http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB4103

Here are some extra info for you :-)

a) Only FTP/Telnet/HTTP are supported if you want to have transparent interception.

OR

b) If you want to let all users to be authenticated first then the option is WebAuth in which user has to manually type in the WebAuth Server IP Address configured at NetScreen to authenticate themselves before they are granted access to any services

c) Only Local Database, RADIUS and LDAP authentication source are supported (No TACACS support as opposed to PIX/ASA)

P/S: if you think this comment is useful, please mark this question as answers and rate this comment nicely :-)

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam

Thanks Ramraj! This is exactly what I was looking for. This is one of the projects I came into 'after' the equip was purchased.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card