cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dynamic NAT for 2 interface with ASA 8.4(2)

Wilco Fong
Level 1
Level 1

I have ASA 5510 with 8.4(2) version.

I need help to create 2 dynamic NAT for 2 interface. Here is what I have.

Outside interface

Inside interface

DMZ interface

backup interface

Here is my nat

object network DMZ-10.1.8.0_24
 nat (dmz,outside) dynamic interface
object network INSIDE-10.1.7.0_24
 nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface

I want to add additional NAT like

"object network INSIDE-10.1.7.0_24
 nat (inside,backup) dynamic interface"

But it does not allow me to add, once I add, it removes "nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface". My goal is to achieve inside network and dmz network to translate backup network interface without affecting current outside NAT. backup interface is private network which connect to different network with other untrusted connections connect to that network. Thanks in advance for your advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

You need to create another object, with the same IP address and use this new object for nat. Exemple

INSIDE-10.1.7.0_24-2

subnet 10.1.7.0 255.255.255.0

nat (inside,backup) dynamic interface

Also if the backup interface has the same security level of the inside interface you need to allow the traffic explicitly because it's denied by default. Use the command

same-security-traffic permit inter-interface

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

OK, dumb question, but does the backup interface have an IP address and security level assigned?

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. Yes backup interface has same security level as outside and it has ip assigned.

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

You need to create another object, with the same IP address and use this new object for nat. Exemple

INSIDE-10.1.7.0_24-2

subnet 10.1.7.0 255.255.255.0

nat (inside,backup) dynamic interface

Also if the backup interface has the same security level of the inside interface you need to allow the traffic explicitly because it's denied by default. Use the command

same-security-traffic permit inter-interface

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card