cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

entering in static ip info

razorbakill
Level 1
Level 1

I know how to enter static ip info to the outside interface. You then enter in a default route for the gateway statically. But, where do you enter in the static dns servers provided by the isp? does that fall under dns server-group defaultdns group where you can enter up to 6 dns address?

Example

ip 96.56.45.64

netmask 255.255.255.248

DG 96.56.45.65

dns 167.206.112.138

Any help would be appreciated, short noticed to install asa 5505.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Yes that is correct. The DNS Server group contains the DNS servers that the ASA uses to resolve domain names. Be sure to enable DNS lookup on the correct interface e.g. "dns domain-lookup outisde".

Note that the ASA does not support DNS relay. You need to pass the DNS server IPs to your clients via DHCP.

hth

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

i.va
Level 3
Level 3

Yes that is correct. The DNS Server group contains the DNS servers that the ASA uses to resolve domain names. Be sure to enable DNS lookup on the correct interface e.g. "dns domain-lookup outisde".

Note that the ASA does not support DNS relay. You need to pass the DNS server IPs to your clients via DHCP.

hth

Thanks, much appreciated.

I used this info today to install 2 5505's with a site to site VPN tunnel. Man, I haven't touched anything Cisco in 2 yrs, all Watchguard.

Thanks Again!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card