Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error copying tftp

Trying to upgrade cisco asa firewall using tftp and receiving this error:

%Error reading tftp://"internal IP"/asa825-k8.bin;int=inside (Unspecified Error)

I am connected from desktop to asa with a crossover cable. I can ping with reply from the desktop to the inside interface. I cannot ping from the asa to the desktop.

I am using these commands:

ciscoasa# copy tftp flash

Address or name of remote host []? "internal IP"

Source filename []? asa825-k8.bin

Destination filename [asa825-k8.bin]?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not sure what the ";int=inside" in your output is.

I would try directly with the command

copy tftp://x.x.x.x/asa825-k8.bin flash:

But it starting to seem to me that there is either a problem with the actual host used as the TFTP server. Perhaps its software firewall is blocking this from working. I know I have had the problem multiple times. In some occasions I have also switched the TFTP software which has helped.

I would try with different TFTP software or a different host/PC to load the image to the ASA.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not sure what the ";int=inside" in your output is.

I would try directly with the command

copy tftp://x.x.x.x/asa825-k8.bin flash:

But it starting to seem to me that there is either a problem with the actual host used as the TFTP server. Perhaps its software firewall is blocking this from working. I know I have had the problem multiple times. In some occasions I have also switched the TFTP software which has helped.

I would try with different TFTP software or a different host/PC to load the image to the ASA.

- Jouni

local firewall was turned on..ahhh. thanks.

Also, after I turned off the local firewall it stil didnt work until I used the syntax of your command. Wonder why?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card