Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

failover exec active write mem

Hi Everyone,

I was doing config change on firewall  in multicontext mode.

IT has 2 contexts  admin and X.

I log into admin context via ASDM and switch to context X with the  ASDM as  need to make changes to context firewall X.

When i config the changes via asdm and click on apply it show me message

failover exec active write mem followed by ACL which i was going to apply.

Need to confirm if above command is safe to run on production network without causing any issues?

Finally i logged into Context X which was admin for that and made the chnages via CLI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi mahesh,

i'm suspecting you're making changes in context x from the standby unit. you could verify with show failover command.

it's safe to assume to issue a failover exec active write mem since you're just saving the config for the active unit.

you could alternatively use the write memory all command to save the system and all context config changes.

1 REPLY

hi mahesh,

i'm suspecting you're making changes in context x from the standby unit. you could verify with show failover command.

it's safe to assume to issue a failover exec active write mem since you're just saving the config for the active unit.

you could alternatively use the write memory all command to save the system and all context config changes.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content