Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover Pair rebooting.

shoaib.usmani
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have two 515e in a failover pair. One has UR and the other FO licenses. The IOS version is 7.21.

They are failing over every minute or so. When I connected the console, it showed a lot of information like what you get in 'sh tech' and then it rebooted. Same thing is happening with the other device too. I have upgraded them from version 6.3 to 7.21 last week Thursday.

Can someone advise?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

There was a very common bug related to esmtp inspection. I would first recommend disabling esmtp inspection. Here is how you can do so-

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

no inspect esmtp

exit

exit

However, if this does not help, I would request you to provide the log you are getting on console. Basically, it is "traceback". You can also get the same from "show crash".

Regards,

Vibhor.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

There was a very common bug related to esmtp inspection. I would first recommend disabling esmtp inspection. Here is how you can do so-

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

no inspect esmtp

exit

exit

However, if this does not help, I would request you to provide the log you are getting on console. Basically, it is "traceback". You can also get the same from "show crash".

Regards,

Vibhor.

Hi Vibhor,

Many many thanks for your instructions. They really solved my problem. However, I have upgraded the PIX to 7.22 now and it seems to be working fine now.

Regards,

Shoaib.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: