cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FAILOVER TESTING

yusufujjainwala
Level 1
Level 1

In order to do failover between 2 PIX 515 firewall is there any specific requirement that the hardware configuration on both the PIX to be the same, i.e the no.of ethernet ports , RAM etc. Say if I have 3 FE ports on one firewall and the other firewall has 4 ports , in that case will the failover work.

2 Replies 2

zulqurnain
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

read this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/config/failover.htm

in short as far as the document says YES both should be the same, in which having one addtional requirement of unrestricted license, but i am not sure about ethernet ports but partically speaking i think YES it would be important also to have same interfaces on both. but i am not positive.

HTH, please rate it.

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Even i am not sure about the interfaces but thinking logically when you write the configuration from Active to standby the configuration is replicated on the standby so ideally its best to have both the PIX absolutely same.

-Hoogen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card