Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Applications list

Wise_Man_1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was contacted by a customer regarding where to find the list of all applications supported by FTD, the data sheet says around 4000 apps, I only could find the old listing for AVC on https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/avc.x , is this the only list out there? it only has 1390 applications listed

Thanks

4 Replies 4

KimG
Level 1
Level 1

How can I find the list of all applications supported in latest version? 

Hello,

The list for application filtering is a dynamically updated list. I just checked at my end with FTD version 6.2.2.1 and currently it has 6758 apps.

You can browse to FMC Policies > Application detectors and check all the apps that are present.

This list keeps on getting updated frequently.

I am not aware of any Cisco approved active page wherein all these apps are listed.

-

HTH
AJ

Good reference @zac ragoonath thanks.

As noted in the latest VDB (currently #325), "Cisco Vulnerability Database (VDB) Update 325 supports 3,619 applications." When I create an ACP rule on a Firepower Management Center (version 6.4.0.3 with VDB 325), I see there are 3,527 applications that can be selected for use in the rule. I'm guessing a few can be detected but not used in ACP rules due to some characteristic intrinsic to their nature.

As far as detection (vs. vulnerability detection and use in ACP rules), the method that @Ajay Saini mentioned works. There are currently 6850 application detectors in Firepower 6.4.0.3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card