cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

firepower management center: how to switch from self signed certificate to a ca based certificate?

bschmidtde
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i need help to switch from the self signed certificate to a new microsoft based ca certificate.
I can generate a new CSR and my ca built a new certificate, i copy this and the root ca certificate in to the import https Server certificate dialog and fire it up. But after this nothing happend. And the self signed certifcate is still used. The online help is no help.

Where can i check what is going wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare
Software Version 6.2.2.1

6 Replies 6

Hi, I assume you mean a certificate for the FMC Mgmt webpage? If so, try this:-

// Create a CSR - Go to > System > Local > Configuration > HTTPS Certificate > Generate New CSR
// Get the certificate signed by the Internal CA
// Import the signed certificate - Go to System > Local > Configuration > HTTPS Certificate > Import HTTPS Certificate
// Click Save

Yes that´s it. But nothing happend after i copy the certificate for the this and the root certificate from the ca. The built in self signed certificate stay active. No Message after i click save.

I just tried this in my lab, it seems when I use Internet Explorer it doesn't seem to apply the certificate correctly, however using firefox does work. Perhaps try a different web browser if it does nothing when it saves.

thanks for the idea but chrome, firefox and edge = all the same  nothing is changing. After i save it nothing happend, no message and still the selfsigned certificate is in use.

any other ideas?

Daniel Lucas
Level 1
Level 1
Any resolution for this? Having the same issue - I can generate the CSR, but there doesn't appear to be a way to import the signed cert. The 'Import HTTPS Server Certificate' doesn't seem to be related to the CSR since it asks for an optional private key - makes me think this is for import a wildcard cert.

c-kn
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue with the same software version. I already had a CA cert uploaded to my FMC and working. When I showed up last week it was using a self signed cert from Cisco again. When I try to load my previous CA cert that I had working before. No messages or anything after I click save.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card