Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall ACL bypass doubt

oldcreek12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all,

I have a doubt about firewall interface ACL bypass, I understand stand that when traffic is initiated from inside to an outside server, the firewall will create a flow entry and bypass ACL check on outside interface, how about the other way around? if the traffic is initated from outside (traffic explicitly allowed on outside ACL), but inside access-list is not explicitly allowing this traffic, will the connection be established?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Yes it would be allowed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Yes it would be allowed.

Thanks, that is what I thought so, I have inside ACL did not explict allow traffic to remote access SSL-VPN address pool, since remote-access VPN traffic is always initiated from client, this worked fine. But we are having strange behavior when Cisco Desktop Agent is running on SSL VPN client laptop, the agent can not see other agents, I suspected that CDA is using some ports that are not recognized to ASA, so I added inside ACL to explictly allow any IP traffic to remote SSL-VPN address pool IPs, that fixed the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card