Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

firewall blocks sip trunk

cisco 2651XM router

IOS: c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T8.bin

connected to internet by wic1-adsl card

as a beginner my experience of firewalls amounts to clicking the 'basic' option in SDM, choosing medium level and letting the wizard create firewall rules. I like that the medium level firewall blocks intrusive ads in web pages but it also knocks out the sip trunk running on my router and I can no longer make or receive pstn calls. Attached is the config created by the basic firewall wizard. I have spent some time messing with the config, both in SDM and in the cli, trying to get the sip trunk back on but I've had no success. Can anyone tell me which commands should I delete so my sip trunk will still work? - without weakening the firewall too much of course...

thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES

Re: firewall blocks sip trunk

hi, is this on ana ASA or a router with firewall mode?

not that it should make a diff, but looks like you need to add and ACL to permit SIP traffic on port 5060 UDP and apply to the interface concerned.

We have sip configured on our ASA to allow inbound traffic.

please try this and let us know how you get on.

Re: firewall blocks sip trunk

hi, is this on ana ASA or a router with firewall mode?

not that it should make a diff, but looks like you need to add and ACL to permit SIP traffic on port 5060 UDP and apply to the interface concerned.

We have sip configured on our ASA to allow inbound traffic.

please try this and let us know how you get on.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content