cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

First PIX to ASA Cutover

fkleininger
Level 1
Level 1

Plan on using the Conversion tool to upgrade a clients 2 PIXes at 2 different remote sites. New to ASA's and reading the migration guide, posts, etc.; but are there any "gotcha's" i need to look out for.  No Certs to export.  DNS etc,etc..

All configuration will be done remotely, so plan is to get ssh access the mgmt int of the ASA and upload from there.

Will know more details later, but client's ASA appears to be configured to failover to secondary remote site if primary site goes down ( which it will when i do the cut over) Dont i want to prevent that? 

Any recomendations for  general cut over's whould be greatly appreciated!!!!

thx

1 Reply 1

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. I would certainly make sure to have someone on site. You never know what may go wrong.

2. What code is the PIX running? 6.x or 7.x?

3. I would get the config going on a notepad or another ASA just so you get the config ahead of time and copy and paste when the time comes.

4. If these new ASAs are going to assume the same IP address as the PIX then, make sure to clear ARP on all the routers adjacent to the ASA.

5. If the config isn't too big, I'd just use notepad and copy paste.

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card