Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

First time VPN setup

Here goes:

I have VPN Licenses and would like to start using them, unfortunately ASA is not as straight forward to set up I tried the wizard with no success. an guide on how I can setup remote access so the users can jump on RDP sessions? attached is my license count.

4 REPLIES

First time VPN setup

Looks like you will be installed th Cisco IPSec IKEv1 VPN then.

What version of code is the ASA running?

First time VPN setup

ASA Version 8.2(3)

ASDM 6.3(5)

When I go to the Wizard I select:

* IPSEC VPN >

* Remote Acesss > VPN Tunnel Interface (Outside) + Enable Inbounf IPsec session to bypass interace access list

* Cisco VPN Client, Release 3.x or Higher

* Pre-shared Key (Typed in a random password) + Tunnel Group Name = VPNNAME

* Authenticate using local user database

* Created users

* Enter a pool  (this where it gets trickey, do i just create a range withing my local lan ip block?)

* Attributes Pushed to clients(Do I need to fill this out? it said optional)

* IKE Policy (does it matter what i put) I have Encyption DES, 3DES, AES- 128/192/256||Authentication MD5 or SHA and Diffie-Hellman group 1,2 or 5

* IPsec Setting (optinal) Do I nee to fill this out? it has Enable Perfect Forwarding Secrecy enabled

First time VPN setup

Hello Wil,

Perfect Forward Secrecy  is optional( used to make sure the same key is never used again) , so you can decide whether to use it or not.

Are u able to connect?

Rate all of the helpful posts!!!

Regards,

Jcarvaja

Follow me on http://laguiadelnetworking.com

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com

First time VPN setup

No connection yet, I have the Anyconnect client and the VPN Client, Ive attched 2 screenshots. Not sure which one both do not get me connected Thanks guys for yout time

Views
Helpful
Replies