Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)

Fixup SMTP stops mail traffic???

I have 2 ASA's they have both been running for over a year. Suddenly 1 stopped passing SMTP traffic. I couldn't telnet via port 25 either. A quick google search and I find a tip that says to take out the fixup SMTP line from the config. Suddenly the mail is flowing again. Anyone run into this before?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Fixup SMTP stops mail traffic???

If you have fixup smtp turned on and the mail server supports ESMTP then you would have to necessarily turn off the fixup smtp

jim

Same problem. Ironmail servers require ESMTP so I had to disable fixup smtp. Though on the ASA there is no fixup. Its all handled under "service-policies".

Cisco Employee

yes ..in ASA all fixups are turned into Inspects..equivalent of fixup smtp is inspect esmtp.

I had this issue the other day, and it was an issue with McAfee. The new patch applied to the server on our DMZ had a bug and stopped passing port 25. Nice huh? Have your ITRO guys been tinkering?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content