I have a PIX 506E and have problems with frequent disconnections on LAN side.
E1 interface is connected to the switch and a server and workstation are connected to the switch. After 10-15 minutes I am not able to browse the internet both from server and workstation. Testing and results as below
Switch in place - E1 to switch - server
- Stops browsing after 10-15 minutes
- Can still ping the pix unit from the server. Doing a continuous ping and no time outs
- But cannot telnet to pix from server
- Can see the pix E1 interface is up, line protocol up and connected with full duplex with no errors
- Cannot ping the server from PIX
- Windows firewall disabled on server
- Server NIC connected to Auto and also tested with 100full
- Can ping external IP from PIX console which tells me there is no problem with Internet
Switch in place - E1 to switch - workstation
- Same as above
Connected E1 directly to server/workstation
- Same as above
On all the above tests, initially I rebooted the PIX unit and the connection comes back up. At one point I did a shut and unshut on E1 interface and the connection between the PIX and the server was up.
Seems to me it is PIX E1 interface hardware issue. Any suggestions please?
BenefitsDocumentationPrerequisiteImage Download LinksLimitationsSupported PlatformsLicense RequirementsTopologyStep-By-Step ConfigurationConfigure Virtual ServiceActivate the virtual service and configure guest IPsConfiguring UTD (Service Plane)Configurin...
Login to the FXOS chassis manager.
Direct your browser to https://hostname/, and log-in using the user-name and password.
Go to Help > About and check the current version:
Check the current version availa...
We have configured the outside and inside Interface with official ipv6 adresses, set a default route on outside Interface to our router, we also have definied a rule , which also gets hits, to permit tcp from inside Interface to any6.
In Syslog I also se...