cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP from behind ASA 8.03 problem

clark.d
Level 1
Level 1

From behind an ASA 5510 with 8.0.3 running, I can't establish and FTP connection to any server, either active or passive. It seems to die at getting the directory list. It can connect and verify username and password, then just sits for a minute then dies....directory listing never appears.....any ideas?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

a.tong
Level 1
Level 1

Encountered the same problem. Have tried to removed the inspect ftp command and allow any tcp ports in both sides. But it seemed not work!

I also have the same problem. I am running version 7.12 and the FTP connection is not stable as it comes up and goes down

This is want I found if TCP Normalization map is being used and the Check if retransmitted data is the same box is selected then FTP session failed. Unchecking this box fixed my problem.

This fixed a web-based FTP problem but clients using cmd-line to access other sites are getting connected but hangs on multiple sites. Opening a TAC case

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card