Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

FWSM--adding vlan to vlan-group

We have an FWSM running in transparent mode with multiple contexts. I need to add two new vlans (one inside, one outside). Currently my config shows this, which includes three "firewall vlan-group" statements, each with a comma-separated list of vlan numbers:

firewall module 13 vlan-group 1

firewall vlan-group 1 [vlan list]

My question is: when I add the two new vlans, do I have to simply issue an additional "firewall vlan-group" statement with the two new vlan numbers, like this?

firewall vlan-group 1 10,20

Or do I have to issue a new statement that includes ALL of the existing vlans, like this?

firewall vlan-group 1 [all previously existing vlans],10,20

In other words, will my changes overwrite my existing list if I only add the two new vlans? I obviously don't want to lose connectivity by erasing all my vlans.

It would be less nerve-wracking if the statement included syntax for "adding" a vlan, similar to the syntax for "switchport trunk allowed vlan add".

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: FWSM--adding vlan to vlan-group

Mike

You do not have to list all the existing vlans. You can just list the new vlans and these will be added to your config without overwriting what is already there.

Jon

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Mike

You do not have to list all the existing vlans. You can just list the new vlans and these will be added to your config without overwriting what is already there.

Jon

Community Member

Thanks for the reply -- that worked.

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content