cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM and routers between FWSM and MSFC

r.spiandorello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a FWSM in trasparent mode and some routers in "not protected" vlan, between FWSM and MSFC. For the server in the "protected" vlan, is better to have only the default route to the MSFC or to have some route specific entries to the routers ?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Renato

Shouldn't make any difference as far as i can see. The key thing is to ensure you don't route around the FWSM and with the other routers being in the unprotected vlan then you won't.

As a side issue though would it not be better to just leave the server with a default gateway of the MSFC and let the MSFC take care of routing packets to the other routers ?

Jon

Jon, I aggree to use the default route to the MSFC, and MSFC take care to route packets to the routers on the unprotected vlan, on the same vlan where FWSM bridges packets to the server in the protected vlan.

In your mail, I don't understand the key thing I expect to be "ensure you don't route around the FWSM and with the other routers being in the protected vlan".

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: