Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FWSM Basic question

Hello to everyone:-

i need guidence regarding FWSM. i am runing FWSM in my poroduction network and first time i am try to add and assigne one vlan to Fwsm.

i know the command which assigne vlan to FWSM that is below:

firewall vlan-group 1 vlan-id......

currently in my production  this command runing on FWSM.

firewall vlan-group 20  20,30-40,50

but i want to know if i want to add vlan 100 and assigne it to the FWSM whcih command is perfect.

1)Firewall vlan-group 20  20,30-40,50,100

2) Or just need firewall vlan-group 20  100. After executing this command vlan 100 will appended to old configration.

i am asking this question because i am little bit confuse may be command 2 will remove the previous vlan or append vlan 100 in the FWSM configration.

Thansk to the whole community.

• Firewalling
1 REPLY
Super Bronze

FWSM Basic question

Hi,

Check out this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm32/command/reference/ef.html#wp1639443

Its the command reference for FWSM but lists some IOS commands too

It seems to suggest that you can only remove Vlans from the "firewall vlan-group" if you were to use the "no" parameter in front of the actual command.

I have personally usually only had the need to add or remove a single vlan and I have used the command as you describe.

As in "firewall vlan-group "

- Jouni

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.