Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

FWSM Blocking FTP

I have a FWSM running 3.1.4 that has an outside and inside interface. There is a server 146.22.x.x on the outside that needs to ftp to 146.27.y.y The FW buffer log shows access-list outside is denying the traffic. I look at access-list outside and the very first line allows 146.22.x.x to 146.27.y.y I add an ACE on top to allow any tcp from 146.22.x.x to 146.27.y.y but still gets the denies in the log. I pipe the hex number on the deny info and it shows that the ACL denying the traffic is my explicit deny ip any any on line 91 of access-list outside. I am using the default class-map and policy-map. FTP is being inspected under the default map. Nat control is turned off on this FWSM. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks

Rommel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: FWSM Blocking FTP

Without seeing the logs, I can only hazard a guess.

What are the ports of the denied traffic?

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Without seeing the logs, I can only hazard a guess.

What are the ports of the denied traffic?

Community Member

Update: Received help from TAC and turns out to be an issue with 3.1(4) code. Upgraded to 4.0.4 code as TAC recommended which resolved the issue.

Rommel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content