Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

FWSM Error

Dear Experts

pls find the attached error

I am trying to convert the running config file of FWSM to ASA module (.TXT) by the migrated document as mentioned below, I am using the migration tool for windows, but i couldn't migrate becz of the attached error from tool, My FWSM is used as a single context. Anybody has experience with this tool.

From version 8.3 onwards there is  no nat-control command, so in my FWSM i have plenty of  connection between the Vlan interfaces with only access-list   so If there is no NAT rule matching the incoming packet, does the packet get dropped, or simply passed through as is?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/migration/fwsm/fwsm2asasm.html

Thanks

• Firewalling
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,You are correct. Above ASA

Hi,

You are correct. Above ASA 8.3 , you don't need any NAT statements(Nat Exempt) to be configured on the ASA device to pass the traffic between interfaces/Vlan.

You can control the traffic only on the basis of the ACL.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Thanks Vibhor, for the

Thanks Vibhor, for the confirmation.

Can you help me the error attached for the migration tool.

Cisco Employee

Hi,Regarding the error , i

Hi,

Regarding the error , i think it seems to be with the output file name.

Did you try to change the filename and make sure you create a file before hand.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Dear Vibhor,when  we browser

Dear Vibhor,

when  we browser for the output file we get only option of specifying the folder and not a file name, if you can you try from your end nd confirm to me where things are going wrong with me

thanks

Cisco Employee

Hi,You need to create an

Hi,

You need to create an empty .txt file in the directory which you select and add the file name in the path of the directory manually.

This will successfully convert the configuration.

For Ex:- If you select the directory as:-

C:\Users\Desktop

Then go ahead and create an emapty file with .txt extension (file.txt) and manually add the filename in the output file space:-

C:\Users\Desktop\file.txt

I tried this and it worked.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Dear Vibhor,yes it worked for

Dear Vibhor,

yes it worked for me as well but the migrated file when i opened in a txt file the static Nat statement were as it is there were no change according to the version 8.5

is it so that when i will upload through tftp and when i will reload the ASA then the actual commands will be seen???

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies