cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM, maximize the bridge-group number.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

I'm reading the configuration guide, release 3.2.

I want to maximize the use of the contexts creating more bridge-group within the same context.

Can someone post a configuration example?

I want to understand well the interface naming and access-list.

Thanks.

Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's nothing magic about the interface name "inside" ... it's just a default. You don't need multiple "nameif inside" commands. Use names lik3 "nameif bvi1-inside" and "bvi1-outside", or something else that makes sense given what's on the subnet in question. You would then have differenet acl's for each interface.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jfgobin01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Andrea,

Can you explain briefly what you want to do ?

jF

I want to use a FWSM (but I don't have it now!) with contexts and transparent mode. I understand that I can create eight bridge-group into a single context, each with a couple of interfaces, but is not clear how I can declare more than one inside (may be inside1, inside2,..or isolated so I can have more "nameif inside" each for bvi) or outside interfaces, and than how can I use acl.

I believe these are very simple questions but I'm not able to find documentation or example.

Many thanks for your help.

Andrea.

There's nothing magic about the interface name "inside" ... it's just a default. You don't need multiple "nameif inside" commands. Use names lik3 "nameif bvi1-inside" and "bvi1-outside", or something else that makes sense given what's on the subnet in question. You would then have differenet acl's for each interface.

Simple!

Many thanks for your help.

Andrea.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: