Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FWSM to ASA Module

Dears,

We are migrating from FWSM to ASA module version (8.5), I have read about the migration document from cisco but still I need some clear understanding of NAT.

1. Anybody can route me to the Nat document which explains with example nat configuration above 8.2
  2. I need the download location of migration tool.
  3. And Experts suggestion what to be precisely taken care about.

thanks

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi, With regards to the new

Hi,

With regards to the new NAT configuration you can check some explanations and examples from a document I wrote in 2013. It can be found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/132066/asa-nat-83-nat-operation-and-configuration-format-cli

Here is also a link to a Cisco made document here on the forums. Its great for comparing the old and new NAT configuration format:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/33921/asa-pre-83-83-nat-configuration-examples

I can't really comment on the other 2 things you mention as I have never used any migration tool when migrating customers from old to new. Also I have done a migration from FWSM to ASA5585-X but not ASASM so I am not familiar with the ASASM hardware.

What comes to mind first regarding the ASASM is that is it possible to have both the ASASM and FWSM on the same device at the same time? Also, to my understanding the ASASM also uses Vlan interface just like the FWSM. Perhaps you will be able to create the complete configurations on the ASASM and simply handle the actual migration by removing the Vlans from the FWSM and moving them to the ASASM.

As I said, I can not really comment on this with any certainty as I have not had any expiriences with the ASASM. I would suggest referring to the Cisco documentation on it. Go through any possible Configurations Guides for it. I could perhaps check the documentation later myself.

Its also hard to comment without knowing anything about your particular setup on the FWSM at the moment. We had around 300 Security Contexts on 2 different FWSMs when we started migrating them to 2 ASA5585-X platforms.

- Jouni

Dear,attached is the document

Dear,

attached is the document mentioning about the tool.

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content