craig bache
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am getting the following error message on the FWSM module:

Router# hw-module module 9 reset cf:1

Device BOOT variable for reset = cf:1

Warning:Device list is not verified.

I am not able to find any information with regards to this, I take it that this is taking about the flash and not about the module?? does any body know how to stop this message??

Thanks MJ

1 Reply 1

Hi MJ,

Yes, this message refers to the compact flash card and not the FWSM itself. As stated in the message, it is simply a warning that the FWSM software does not actually verify that an image exists in the location you set as your boot variable (i.e. you could set it to an invalid location and it would let you proceed).

In other words, the warning is nothing to worry about as long as you be sure to double check what you enter as your boot variable. I also did a quick search and found that the message is shown as part of the normal procedure when using the hw-module command (granted, it is an old version of documentation, but I couldn't find it in the newer versions):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm11/configuration/guide/admin.html

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card