cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

getting VPN client to other internal networks

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I am currently using an ASA5520 and the ASDM app to configure VPN clients in split-tunnel mode. As of now remote clients can access the internal network of the ASA, their own local LAN and the Internet. I have static routes on the ASA so that it can get to other internal networks. I have also added these internal networks to the split-tunnel list thinking that this would allow my clients to get to those networks but it isn't working. I can see the remote networks added to the clients route table but pings and traces die at the ASA and go no further. What I'm I missing here?

Thanks,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

not it is not because ASDM and ASA have no idea what inernal networks u have u might have tens of internal networks through routers connected to inside or DMZ so i see it is better to do it manuly to have control which network can the vpn client communicate with and which not

hope this helpful

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did u make the Nat exmption (NAT 0) for this network

for example if u have internal network

like 10.1.1.0/24

and u have route to it in ur ASA as u mentioned

and the vpn pool for example 192.168.1.0/24

u need these lines :

access-list 100 permit ip 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

then

nat (inside) 0 access-list 100

good luck

if helpful rate

Yes, you are right. I assumed that the ASDM would add all the NAT0 commands but it only added the first line for the internal LAN. I can add the rest manually but it would be nice if the ASDM did it. Do you think this is a bug or simply a shortcoming of ASDM?

not it is not because ASDM and ASA have no idea what inernal networks u have u might have tens of internal networks through routers connected to inside or DMZ so i see it is better to do it manuly to have control which network can the vpn client communicate with and which not

hope this helpful

I see your point but ASDM added the first network in the split-tunnel list to the Nat0 ACL why didn't it add the other networks that I added to the split-tunnel? In any case I guess ASDM did a good job getting me going and your info helped me close the deal. Thank you very much.

Rgds,

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card