cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hairpinning for wireless printer

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I have a Cisco ASA 5505 running 8.2(4) and I have a single wireless AP connected. The ASA has a base license and is configured for internet access. I have a DHCP pool that supplies IP address to the AP and to clients and a wireless printer in the 10.0.1.0/24 subnet. I can connect to the internet with no problem. I also have a wireless printer and when I am connected wireless with my laptop I can ping the printer but cannot print to the printer in the same subnet. Is there some hairpinning configuration I need to do to allow printing? Not sure why I can't print to it but can ping it. Also from the ASA I can ping the printer but not my laptop even though I disabled my windows firewall.

Ideas?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not clear from your description whether we are dealing with one wireless printer or with two wireless printers. Also not clear whether your ASA5505 with base license has just outside vlan and inside vlan, or whether there is a third vlan involved. Can you clarify?

If you can ping the printer then I find it difficult to see how there could be a hairpinning issue. I am not sure why you would be able to ping the printer but not to print to it. Are we sure that the attempt to print is using the same IP address that the ping uses?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Sorry for the lack of information and the delay in responding.

There is a base license.

I have the AP connected the the inside interface.

I set this up rather quickly and I think I need to re-setup the printer queue on the laptop.

I will do the re-configure of the print queue and re-post.

Stay tuned....thanks

Thanks for the update. Do let us know how it turns out.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card