Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How do I apply a 50-user upgrade license to ASA 5505??

I am a contractor with a client that is upgrading 7 Cisco ASA 5505's from 10-user license(s) to 50-user license(s). I have never run into a client of mine who didn't purchase an unlimited licensed Cisco product and have no clue what the procedure is to upgrade.

I did some research online and saw some command-line steps for upgrading 3DES-AES Encryption Licenses, but nothing on user license upgrade procedures...are they similar?

Anyone know the command-line steps or documentation regarding said steps for implementing these upgrade licenses?

Thanks...

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: How do I apply a 50-user upgrade license to ASA 5505??

Do you have a PAK number?

Go to cisco.com/go/license, enter the PAK and follow instructions. You will receive an email with new activation key. Then login to ASA and do

activation-key

Re: How do I apply a 50-user upgrade license to ASA 5505??

My client ordered the upgrade(s) from CDW and they have not received the PAK numbers yet.

So once I have the PAK numbers, I go to cisco.com/go/license, enter the PAK, get the emailed activation key...and then when I login to the ASA, do I need to be in standard mode or advanced mode?

Just been a couple years since I have done anything for upgrading and appreciate the help.

Thanks...

Views
Helpful
Replies