cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I remove a single ACL line in a 2811 router?

ttrevino1
Level 1
Level 1

I need to remove one line of code in a Cisco 2811 router, without removing the entire ACL. I'm used to making these changes in firewalls, but have figured out it's a little different in the router. Can someone provide me with some instruction? I heard I need to go into a sub-interface of the acl, but how do I do that?

Also, will making this change affect any traffic routing through this router?

Thanks for the help, I'm going to need to make this change within the next hour or so.

9 Replies 9

kevin.shi
Level 1
Level 1

If it is a extended CAL(100-199), you can go to extended mode to delete/add items without affecting live traffic.

for example:

ip access-list extended 120

no .....

It is, 101. So if I use that command,

"ip access-list extended 101", that will put me into the sub-interface, allowing me to remove individual lines of code?

ip access-list extended 101 then press 'enter'

you will get into 'sub-interface' of ACL

kevin.shi
Level 1
Level 1

same story for the standard ACL, hope it helps!

The process is as follows

show access-list (NAME )

It will show you the access list with the line number

10 Line 1

20 Line 2

30 Line 3

40 Line 4

Suppose you want to remove Line 3,

conf t

ip accesss-list extended (name )

>no 30

That should remove your Line.

HTH Pls rate if it helps

This is resolved, thanks for the help! :o)

Thank You :)

Best Regards,

Didier

I really appreciate this. Thank you very much. My second CCNA attempt will be on this Friday. I wish you all the best.

I really appreciate this. Thank you very much. My second CCNA attempt will be on this Friday. I wish you all the best.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: