Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Bronze

how to access cisco home lab remotely?

hi every body!

I have this issue:

my cisco lab is (6 routers and 2 switches) are connected to access server(2509)

i want to connect to my lab remotely. I want to telnet into access server then connect to routers,switches etc.

My problem is i am using link system switch which is connected to dsl modem for internet access,link system performing nat, allowing my computer and my mom computer to access internet simulatanously. If i connect access server( 2509) to one of port of link system switch, link system will assign the 2501 a private ip address.

Obvioulsy, i cant use this private address to telnet into access server.

Is there any way , i can telnet into 2501 server in this situation?

thanks alot !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to access cisco home lab remotely?

Hi,

This is how I used to do,

- I have a Linux box with two interfaces.

eth0 - connected to my access server

eth1 - connected to my broadband router

- broadband router (Linksys W54G) - which allows me to configure port redirection to my Linux box eth1.

I configured by DSL modem in bridge mode and the Linksys W54G router to connect over pppoe.

So the public IP is assigned on the Linksys box.

myLaptop on Internet ->>> (SSH)- >>>((LinksysBox-publicIP)) >> forwarded to myLinuxBox on eth1 on port 22.

Now once I login into myLinux box I telnet into on the access server and work on my Cisco rack.

There are benefits of using the Linux box as I can restrict SSH to limited IP, allow/deny ip/ports using the IPtables FW also.

Hope this helps.

Dhananjoy

2 REPLIES

Hi,

This is how I used to do,

- I have a Linux box with two interfaces.

eth0 - connected to my access server

eth1 - connected to my broadband router

- broadband router (Linksys W54G) - which allows me to configure port redirection to my Linux box eth1.

I configured by DSL modem in bridge mode and the Linksys W54G router to connect over pppoe.

So the public IP is assigned on the Linksys box.

myLaptop on Internet ->>> (SSH)- >>>((LinksysBox-publicIP)) >> forwarded to myLinuxBox on eth1 on port 22.

Now once I login into myLinux box I telnet into on the access server and work on my Cisco rack.

There are benefits of using the Linux box as I can restrict SSH to limited IP, allow/deny ip/ports using the IPtables FW also.

Hope this helps.

Dhananjoy

Community Member

Hi ,

Just contact with you ISP provider and configure the terminal server to connect your Router and Switches then use some terminal connect softwares then you can connect.

Shridhar

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content