cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to allow SNMP to the same IP coming from two different interfaces on an ASA?

ROBERT T
Level 4
Level 4

I have two monitoring servers trying to use a single IP address to SNMP my ASA. The IP they are using is on the "INSIDE" interface and one of the servers is coming in from the "OUTSIDE" interface. Each server can SNMP the interface the packet enters, but cannot cross the firewall to SNMP the other interface.

Any suggestions would be great.

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Why would you need to reach the inside interface IP from outside with SNMP? Why not just use the outside IP address for the other one?

We have some setups which have server on a dedicated monitoring interface an also on the outside.

The monitoring systems are redundent, one in the main office, the other at DR. For security reasons I have to have a firewall in the path to get in and out of a specific segment of my network. Therefore, I have the primary monitoring system learning the IP from the inside (and DNS), then replicating the IP to the Secondary, then the secondary tries to SNMP the inside interface, but comes in from the outside.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card