Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

How to block IP addresses or IP blocks through the 5505 ASDM interface, not through command lines?

Is it possible to block IP addresses or IP blocks through the 5505 ASDM interface, and not through command lines? If so, how?

6 REPLIES

Hi , You can do it , click on

Hi ,

You can do it , click on object-group network , create network block and apply to ACL & Bind it to interface .

HTH

Sandy

Community Member

Thanks for your response. Not

Thanks for your response. Not sure how to apply to ACL and bind it. By the way, can I just use the Access Rules to block or deny each IP or blocks of IPs?

MC

Hi , What is your requirement

Hi ,

What is your requirement ?? , Do you want to block any traffic originating/destination to your Network ?

HTH

Sandy

Community Member

Yes. I want to block any IP

Yes. I want to block any IP (i.e. 111.222.333.444 or the entire block 111.222.0.0) before they can reach the servers on the network.

Hi ,Share me your system

Hi ,

Share me your system config of your ASA device , i will help you with ACL for denying above network subnets 

Community Member

Unfortunately I can't share

Unfortunately I can't share any information on the router. It's company policy. But, if you could let me know where in the GUI interface of the router where I can find the ACL and how to enter the IPs to block I would really appreciate it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content