cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check for PFC3 failure?

Samuel8rown
Level 1
Level 1

I've been wrestling with setting up an ACL on a Sup720 card. It fails every time port number enter the equation. I've tried any number of variations on the ACL commands, all of which look like a textbook example of ACLs from the command reference docs. At this point I'm starting to think that I've got a faulty PFC3 card.

What commands would you use, other than good old "show module" to take a closer look at the Sup720's hardware? Can you think of another reason why firewall rules with layer 4 information would skip being checked?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

To check for any possible hardware issues set the diagnostic level to complete and then reset the card. To set the bootup diagnostic level, use the diagnostic bootup level command. Use the no form of this command to skip all diagnostic tests.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

To check for any possible hardware issues set the diagnostic level to complete and then reset the card. To set the bootup diagnostic level, use the diagnostic bootup level command. Use the no form of this command to skip all diagnostic tests.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card