cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure 6to4 Manual Tunnel on ASA?

krutarthbhatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have ASA5585 Firewall between my WAN Cloud and LAN Network. I plan to configure Layer 3 Vlan Interfaces inside FW and it would be Layer 3 gateway for some of Subnets. Layer 3 VLAN Interfaces are planned to be dual stack containing both IPv4 and IPv6 Address stack.

I plan to configure 6 to 4 Tunnel with my Hub Site where we have native Ipv6 awareness. One tunnel end point would be ASA and the other endpoint would be Hub site WAN Router/L3 Switch. So IPv6 traffic hitting to vlan interfaces on ASA  would be policy checked and routed over tunnel interface to Hub Site.

Please help me with 6to4 Tunnel manual tunnel configuration on ASA. I have configured such tunnel on L3 Switch or Router with following config.

Int tunnel xyz

ipv6 address  <ipv6 address>

ipv6 enable

tunnel source <loopback address of my L3 Switch>

tunnel destination <loopback address of my hus site L3 Switch/Router>

tunnel mode ipv6ip

end

I need to implement something similar in ASA. Please guide me how can I do that?

Regards

Krutarth bhatt

2 Replies 2

krutarthbhatt
Level 1
Level 1

I also need to configure Multicast tunnel in ASA. Just similar to above question, my vlan interface inside ASA would be part of PIM and I plan to put default mcast route pointing to tunnel interface on ASA. So multicast traffic going to Hub Site would be hitting vlan interface on ASA and would be routed to hub site via tunnel interface.

Generally I am doing in L3 Switch as follows.

int tunnel xyz

ip address

ip pim sparce mode

tunnel source

tunnel destination

end

I would like to config something similar to above in ASA. Please suggest.

Krutarth

The ASA doesn't support these kind of tunnels. You have to put a router in front of the ASA or into one of your DMZ to build these tunnels. The tunneled IPv6 can then be processed by the ASA.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: