Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure a NAT port range on ASA 5510

dino-chirico
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a cisco asa 5510 and would like to add a NAT rule for a range of ports like 50000-59999

19 Replies 19

Hi Dino,

Earlier you had provided that you are using the ASA software 8.4, so i suggested you the configuration for 8.4 version.

DINO CHIRICO wrote:

Hi,

I'm using 8.4. How do I do it?

But now it seems like you are using 8.2 version. Unfortunately port forwarding for a complete range woudl not work in 8.2 version.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi,

Ok I will do an upgrade.. are there any gotchas or can I upload to the latest version?

thanks

Regards,

Dino Chirico | IT Manager

T: 03 9697 2222 | F: 03 9697 2200 | M: +61 (407) 454600

W: Prosum.com.au | E: Dino.Chirico@prosum.com.au

A: 6 Ross Street , South Melbourne 3205

Disclaimer

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the individual named. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by mistaken transmission. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or disclose its contents to anyone. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete all copies and destroy any hard copies from your system. PABX Sales and Service Pty Ltd Trading as Prosum of 6 Ross Street South Melbourne ABN 53 087 133 702 and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Hi Dino,

Yes, there definitely are a few, since its a major upgrade to version 8.3 or higher. You can read through  this doc first, before upgrading, this is all need to know before the upgrade procedure:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12690

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

This document will be ok if I’m coming from 8.2?

Regards,

Disclaimer

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the individual named. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by mistaken transmission. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or disclose its contents to anyone. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete all copies and destroy any hard copies from your system. PABX Sales and Service Pty Ltd Trading as Prosum of 6 Ross Street South Melbourne ABN 53 087 133 702 and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

thanks

Regards,

Disclaimer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card