Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enable request going and coming with same isp

hi guys,

suppose i am hving a url kaveriowa.kaveri.com reistered with ip 215.22.22.24 . now my internal user type this url in web browser having proxy in 172.26.7.45 natted with 215.22.22.26 . the request goes outside and resolve by dns but does not get routed back to same ISP pool of 215.22.22.0/27

it may be our end firewall is blocking request or routing issue from isp end.

regards

rajat

5 REPLIES

Have you got no local DNS that can resolve kaveriowa.kaveri.com into a local Ip address if you are hosting it yourself!? (at least that is what the IP addressing suggests?)  combined with proxy exclusion for local IP addresses,thies would result in your request not go to the outside at all!

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

i.e i know sir in proxy setting bypassing we can resolve but my senior told me is ther any procdure request can goes out and come back with sam service provider setup.

regards

rajat

Rajat,

tehcnically speaking, NO because your firewall will do proxy arp for all IP addresses that are NATed on it (be it dynamic NAT/overload or static NAT), so there is no mechanism that will force the request to go out the interface to your ISP and come back in.

regards

Re:

ok

Re: how to enable request going and coming with same isp

yeah I guess DNS rewriting will fix your issue, if you still want to use an external DNS server. Strictly speaking however your traffic will not leave the outside interface, just your DNS requests for

kaveriowa.kaveri.com do.

It might probably be easier to do hairpining :

static (inside,inside) 215.22.22.24    netmask 255.255.255.255

please rate if usefull

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content