Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to find device neighbors from the asdm interface for the pix

I am able to get to my pix using the asdm, I looked around the interface did not see where it can show me other cisco devices on the network? trying to get my topology going. I am thinking it should be on there somewhere just like on the router there is a show neighbor command. 

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Cisco firewalls do not do CDP if that is what you are looking for.

If this is eigrp or ospf neighbor then, you can do that via CLI.

Once you telnet or ssh to the firewall you can issue "sh eigrp nei" or "sh ospf nei"

-Kureli

Cisco Employee

Re: how to find device neighbors from the asdm interface for the

ASA firewall being a security device does not run Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP).  You need to run it (sh cdp nei) from a switch or a router on the inside of your network to find out about other cisco devices.

-Kureli

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Cisco firewalls do not do CDP if that is what you are looking for.

If this is eigrp or ospf neighbor then, you can do that via CLI.

Once you telnet or ssh to the firewall you can issue "sh eigrp nei" or "sh ospf nei"

-Kureli

it did not show anything when I typed in that command, is there a command for me to see the other devices on the network like the switchs, routers and firewalls?

Cisco Employee

Re: how to find device neighbors from the asdm interface for the

ASA firewall being a security device does not run Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP).  You need to run it (sh cdp nei) from a switch or a router on the inside of your network to find out about other cisco devices.

-Kureli

Views
Helpful
Replies