cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get ASAv software and properly license

KEN TRIPP
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased two ASAv 10 appliances (virtual) and I have the RTU notification.  Product Name is L-ASAV10S-K9=, states eDelivery and shows SO#.  

How do I associate this to my CCO account so I can download the appliance and use?  After I download and install (vmware), do I need to do anything else to license?

Thanks,

Ken

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You normally buy a support contract, such as a SmartNet as well (well SASU in this case I guess).  The SmartNet is what you associate with your CCO username, and is what gives you the download rights.

I think you'll need to go back to whoever you bought the licence from, and ask them to get the virtual appliance images for you (or buy a Cisco maintenance contract so you can do it yourself).

Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Ken,

Did you ever figure this out? 

I have the same question.

Thanks

Frank

Youre reseller should take care of this. Contact them first if it hasn't been done.

If you can't reach them or they are unhelpful, either contact TAC and request they queue your request to the Global Llicensing Operations team or simply e-mail license@cisco.com. Provide them the details and they can get your account properly setup.

Note the ASAv uses Smart licensing. You will need to setup a Smart account for your organization if it hasn't already been done. The same licesning team can assit with that as well.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa93/configuration/general/asa-general-cli/intro-license-smart.html

Marvin, thanks for your useful answer.  On the topic of ASAv: it is still the case that, for a lab environment as an example, we can install a ASAv unlicensed, it will be fully featured (including RA VPN, S2S VPN, Failover), but limited at 100Kbps throughput?

Thanks.

Yes, that is still the case for ASAv lab "license".

For partners they can request an actual license for lab use that is not rate-limited. Note that ASAv actual licenses will require a Smart account.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card