Views
Helpful
Replies

How to handle remote traffic with ASA ?

vinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am having 2 branches (Head office & Branch office). I am having MPLS Connectivity between them.

I am having MPLS & Internet connection (2 seprate Links) @ my head office. & having only MPLS @ my branch office.

I want my branch office will use internet through my Head office connection using MPLS..

I am having RV042 Routers  at both sites. & having CISCO ASA 5510 @ Head office which is connected after my RV042 Router.

I want my Brach office (Remote site) should also follow the rules & resctrictions that i applied in ASA @ head office.

is this possible ? & how to do it ?

Thank..

8 Replies 8

vinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Can Anyone Reply on this post ???

Anyone There ?

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vinayak,

It should be possible. Could you attach a topology of your network so that we can have a better idea of things and make suggestions accordingly?

Cheers,

Prapanch

Dear Ramamoorthy,

Thanks for reply..

I am attaching Network Diagram for your reference.

Plaese help me to allow all my brach traffic should pass through ASA @ Head office.

Hello,

I Attached my Network Diagram..

Can anyone help me out.

Hi Vinayak,

So looking at your topology, first off you need to ensure all internet bound traffic from yourr branch office needs to come on the ASAs outside interface (172.18.10.1). The RV042 router at the head office needs to be configured to send all traffic from the branch office LAN to the ASA rather than sending it out the WAN link.

When this packet comes on the ASA, the below commands should be used:

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

nat (outside) 1 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

global (outside) 1 interface

If you have an access-list on the ASAs outside interface, you will need to allow this traffic as well. Assuming your outside interface ACL is named OUTSIDE, the ACL will be of the below format:

access-list OUTSIDE line 1 permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 any

Please note that i have assumed the name of thr interface 172.18.10.1 to be "outside". Please replace it with what is actually in place.

Let me know if this helps!!

Cheers,

Prapanch

Dear Prapanch,

Thanks for ur reply..

i will try this config.

Can u tell me how i will transfer the traffice from Branch RV042 Router to Head office RV042 Router ?

& Is MPLS Connectivity possible on RV042 ?

Thanks..

Hi Vinayak,

That question will be best answered in the Small Business community as that router belongs to cisco's small business class of routers:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business

Please post your query there and we can then see how it goes.

Cheers,

Prapanch

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card