cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to reset to factory defaults from rommon......

toddyboman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a asa 5505......and in the process of upgrading I have messed things up........

When I connect to the 5505 through the console cable/port I am have to break the boot and go into a rommon #0>......so from here how to I simple reset the box to the factory defaults and start over???

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can perform the upgrade/downgrade from rommon mode, and here is the procedure for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/trouble.html#wp1064632

Hope that helps.

Sounds good.....what commands can show me what is saved on my flash so i can input the proper file name.....

Good question, try "dir", otherwise, feel free to upload a new copy of the software via TFTP.

[Add] It might have been corrupted when you perform the upgrade earlier, so a fresh copy of the software would be preferred.

Message was edited by: Jennifer Halim

dir doesnt work

Thinking I might have to erase the flash......so if I do that can I do a TFTP download?

Have a link on how to PROPERLY do tftp download.......I think this time I will follow the steps instead going Rambo on my own.....

Hello Toddy,

Long time no see, try to follow this post,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/894481

Cheers,

Mike

Mike

molinahr11
Level 1
Level 1

restart router, when loading config break initialization:

router will enter rommon, enter following cmds:

>confreg 0x2142

>reset

(don't not load saved config "n", when prompted)

router is now reset then save new config:

>en

#config t

#config-register 0x2102

#exit

#copy run start

Molinahr11,

We have tried that and it didnt work. Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: