Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up NAT for two servers using same port with ASDM ASA 5505

James LaVeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have a new installation of a ASA 5505 and are trying to get some NAT issues straightened out. Here is the scenario: On our internal network, we have two servers running Filemaker Server, a relational database server that clients connect with using port 5003. Our goal is to be able to allow users from the outside to access either of these servers as needed. I know how to set up a simple static NAT rule and matching Access rule in ASDM which would be fine for a case in which only one server using a given port is running on a network, but for simple static rules I seem to be blocked from entering a different translated port number from the orginal port number, which becomes a problem when two servers we need to access from the outside are running software using the same port number.

What is the simplest way to address this need? I am guessing that I need to set up a scenario like this, where port 5004 (or any arbitrarily choosen unused port, can be used to access the second server:

Outside user enters   FQDN:5004  and this translates to Database server # 1 as   192.168.1.40:5003

and

Outside user enters   FQDN:5003  and this translates to Database server # 1 as   192.168.1.38:5003

If so, what is the easist way to get this done? Or is there a better what to handle this scenario?

Thanks in advance,

James

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would create two objects and use object NAT

object network Obj_5004

host 192.168.1.40

object network Obj_5004

nat (inside,outside) static service tcp 5003 5004

object network Obj_5003

host 192.168.1.38

object network Obj_5003

nat (inside,outside) static service tcp 5003 5003

Of course you will need to open your outside interface for tcp ports 5003 and 5004 to make this happen

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card