Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload PIX506E image & config files to an TFTP

freedream
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how to get the image & config files from PIX506E,version 6.3.I fail to find commands such as "copy flash tftp".

Thanks!

Aaron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arburt
Level 1
Level 1

Hey A.,

In Pix 6.x, files are not directly accessible or readable and there are no folders or directories to navigate (sort of a "closed" flat file system). In fact, it doesn't even have filenames. It use index nubmers 0-5. 0 is the OS image and 1 is the startup config among others. You can do a 'show flashfs' to check on this.

Just use your terminal editor to get the config. Forget about the os image..just download something newer but stable. In Pix 7.x, the flash file system is different and you can administer your files and config in many ways. I mean your 'copy flash tftp' would work. ;}

Regards,

arburt

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

arburt
Level 1
Level 1

Hey A.,

In Pix 6.x, files are not directly accessible or readable and there are no folders or directories to navigate (sort of a "closed" flat file system). In fact, it doesn't even have filenames. It use index nubmers 0-5. 0 is the OS image and 1 is the startup config among others. You can do a 'show flashfs' to check on this.

Just use your terminal editor to get the config. Forget about the os image..just download something newer but stable. In Pix 7.x, the flash file system is different and you can administer your files and config in many ways. I mean your 'copy flash tftp' would work. ;}

Regards,

arburt

Hi arburt,

Thanks for your answer.I'll do it as you recommended.

Regards,

Aaron

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card