Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use ASA with MPLS ?

vinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All.

I am Having 2 Sites. 1 Headoffice & 1 is Branch office. I want to connect these 2 site using MPLS on RV042 Routers at both side.

I am having 1 MPLS Connection & 1 Internet Connection at my Headoffice. I want my Branch Office LAN should access internet fom my Headoffice.

I am having Cisco ASA 5510 at my Head office. I want to control my branch Office LAN internet traffice using ASA 5510 @ my Headoffice.

Is this possible ? How can i do that ?

Headoffice LAN - 192.168.0.0/24

Branch Office LAN - 192.168.1.0 /24

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure can. You just need to configure your branch office to send default gateway towards the MPLS connection towards HQ, and on the HQ ASA, you would need to have route for 192.168.1.0/24 towards the MPLS link, configured ACL and NAT statement for the branch LAN subnet accordingly.

Hi,

Thanks for Reply.

Can you give me example configuration please..

Thanks..

There is no sample configuration specific with MPLS in the topology.

It would just be normal routing configuration, and treating the branch network as just another subnet behind the ASA.

Like Jennifer says the ASA will treat this network just like any other network.

You can see various config examples here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

-KS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card