Views
Helpful
Replies

I don't lost the current configuration after the ASA5510 restarted

stevenyang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all

We have an ASA 5510 firewall, and we plan to change its power cable and power off it. How do I save its current running configuration to avoid its currnet running configuration lost?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

answami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. The "write net" command enables you to store the current configuration to a file on TFTP server.

2. The "configure net" command merges the current running configuration with the TFTP configuration stored at the IP address you specify and the file you name.

3. Use the tftp-server command with the configure net command to read from the configuration or with the write net command to store the configuration in the file you specify.

NOTE: If you specify both the IP address and full path in the tftp-server command, the server_ip and filename in the configure net and write net command can be omitted or represented with a colon (:)

The syntax for the tftp-server command is as follows:

tftp-server interface_name ip_address path

interface_name ---> Interface name on which TFTP server resides. If not specified, an internal interface is assumed.

ip_address ---> IP address of the TFTP server.

path ---> The path and filename of the configuration file.

The syntax for the write net and configure net commands is as follows:

write net server_ip:filename

configure net server_ip:filename

server_ip ---> IP address of a TFTP host available across the network. If you specify a server with the tftp-server command, do not specify it in write net or configure net commands. Instead, use only a colon (:) without a server IP address

filename ---> A filename you specify to qualify the location of the configuration file on the TFTP server. If you set a filename with the tftp-server command, do not specify it in write net or configure net commands. Instead, use only a colon (:) without a server IP address.

The following example shows the commands required to specify the TFTP server address as 10.0.0.1 and the path to the file "config" as pix/configuration. The "configure net" command tells the PIX/ASA to read the configuration file "config" and merge it with the current running configuration. The "write net" command tells the PIX/ASA Firewall to store the resulting configuration in "config" file (the file is overwritten in this case.):

ASA(config)# tftp-server 10.0.0.1 inside pix/configuration/config

ASA(config)# configure net :

ASA(config)# write net :

stevenyang
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you!

I have found there is "Save Running Configuration to Flash" option when I use the ASDM. If the current running configuration lost after the ASA5510 power off and restart if I save the running configuration to Flash.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card