cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inside Clients can not access Inside Servers through Outside NAT Public IP

sberkovitz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There. I have a Cisco ASA 5510 with an inside and outside Interface. We have a web server on the Inside Interface which is published via a Static NAT entry to a dedicated IP on the outside interface.

Users on the inside try to access this website from its Public IP address, and this does not work. Users on the Outside (Internet) are able to access the web server fine. Users on the Inside can also access the webserver fine by specifying the Private IP.

I know that I can change Hosts files, or create an Internal DNS zone to overwrite the DNS response with the Private IP from inside but these are not practical solutions. I need to add a NAT policy on the Cisco which will enable Internal users to use the Public IP, and have the ASA route the traffic back in to the Internal network.

I used to do this on a SonicWALL PRO 2040 and SonicWALL Support describes this as a NAT Loopback policy.

Any insight on how i could accomplish this specifically without changing DNS or hosts files would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Have a look here..

Try the hairpining solution, mid page down of link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807968d1.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Have a look here..

Try the hairpining solution, mid page down of link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807968d1.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card