Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS Firewall and Cisco WAAS

I have a IOS firewall on a 2921 router, zone-based config.   The remote and main sites have Cisco WAAS , running 4.4.1 software.    I am using WCCP redirection on the WAAS/router combination.    If I leave it off the firewall passes SSH correctly to the devices on the other side of the firewall.    If I enable WCCP the SSH connections fail.   The SSH to the router itself is fine, I am not using the self zone for router protection.    I had seen a few posts on WAAS but the only one mentioning a config statement in the firewall was on 4.0 WAAS and the command is no longer on the IOS firewall.    Is this supposed to work transparently or am I missing a config?

The system is

main site WAAS - WCCP to router - Router------ MPLS 3rd party -------router w/IOS firewall (2921 15.1 code) - wccp redirection to WAAS - infrastructure subnet (with wAAS, switches)

Any help is appreciated, thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES

Re: IOS Firewall and Cisco WAAS

That did it. Thanks for the help. FYI - in 15.x the ip inspect waas enable command is hidden, it does not show on the ip inspect ? list

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies