cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS firewall & Nat port forwarding

nmooremvsc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1811 connected to the internet with a cable modem and a dynamic IP. I'm looking to forward port 80 from the outside IP to an internal host for testing. I've used the SDM to setup the router but I haven't found a way to forward the port that I need done. I'm not necessarily set on using the SDM to do this, I just don't want to set it up so if I make a change that gets over written later by the SDM.

If anyone could that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.1 80 interface serial 0 80

Or are you looking to combine this with a service like Dynamic DNS (and want to access the service remotely using the hostname)?

Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.1 80 interface serial 0 80

Or are you looking to combine this with a service like Dynamic DNS (and want to access the service remotely using the hostname)?

Regards

Farrukh

Well,

I tried that and it looks like the port is still closed.

you also need to open the port in the firewall, from memory SDM "claims" it will open the port if you use it to make a static nat translation (which is what port forwarding is)

Yeah it helps when the firewall on the host is not stopping things too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card