Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC VPN CLIENT

saroj pradhan
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

i  have  configured IPSEC VPN Client  on the Cisco  ASA 5510  firewall  and  it  was  working  fine.

i have  changed  the Outside  interface   IP Address of the ASA .  Now  able to  connect  the VPN with new IP Address but  unable  to  access the Local  LAN .Neither  able to ping the LAN IP Address. The  SSL VPN Client  configured  is  working  fine.

please help.

Regards,

Saroj Pradhan

7 Replies 7

When connected to the VPN, have you checked the logs to see if there is anything that might indicate why the connection is being dropped.

Might help to see your full running configuration (sanitised), perhaps there is a misconfiguration somewhere.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

please find the running config  of the ASA.

Regards,

Saroj

At first glance your config looks fine.

How are you testing the connection? If using ping what IP are you pinging?

If you are testing by trying to ping the inside interface of the ASA you need to add the following command management-access inside

Please check the ASA logs when you connect to the VPN and report back what the connection states.

--

--

After running  the management-access inside  command  unable  to ping the inside interface IP.  Also  after  connect  the vpn   i tried to check  the log  but  no  error  found.

regards,

Saroj

saroj pradhan
Level 1
Level 1

i try  to  ping  the  LAN IP Address 172.16.32.5 and  Got RTO.  But  in  ssl  vpn Client  its  working fine.

i have  changed the Outside  interface  Address few  days back  after that its  not  working.

Can i reconfigure  the PCF  file  to  connect the ipsec vpn  or  it  will work  after  change  the new ip address in the existing pcf file.

Regards,

Saroj

is the PC connected to 172.16.32.5 a windows PC? If so did you disbale windows firewall or any other software firewall installed on the PC before testing?

if you issue the command management-access inside on the ASA, are you able to ping the ASA inside interface.

You should be able to reconfigure the PCF to connect to the IPsec VPN...and you should be able to edit the existing PCF file...either way it should work.  Have you tried creating a new VPN profile in the VPN client and see if that works?

please check the logs on the ASA, it might give a hint as to what is going on.  Also you might want to do a packet capture for the VPN traffic:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/110117-asa-capture-asdm-config.html

--

--

Can you verify the IP the VPN client is getting. Is it within the correct subnet? ( 172.16.47.225-254)

Could you set the IP staticly on the outside interface and not use the configured name alias and test. 

issue a clear xlate in case there is an old nat statement that is messing things up...keep in mind that this will cause other users to lose connection as well...

Also try disabling vpn on the outside interface and then re-enable it:

webvpn

no enable outside

enable outside

--

--
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card