Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is there any alternative to console cable for pix 501 firewall?

I need help on CISCO PIX 501 Firewall, it comes with console cable having serial port, but systems now a days & the one i am having are not having serial port so i am not able to access command-in-line , is there any alternative way, can it be accessed using ethernet or lan wire, if so please provide steps, waiting for your valueable responses, ...

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi,

Have you considered getting an USB adapter for the Console cable?

I had to get that for my first work laptop since they happened to order a model without the serial port. For the most part it worked just fine.

I guess depending on your PIX configurations you might be able to boot it up and attach a PC directly to it and manage it.

- Jouni

i have tried that, but when i was trying to access asdm/pdm through  198.168.1.1 it connects me to router insted of firewall, & when i  use ping command it dosent show any prob, next time i switched off  router & directly connect firewall to system, it fails to show any  ping report, it fails to ping on same address 192.168.1.1, /... what  should i do.. ??

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content